A perfect dish for any special occasion or holiday and never fails to impress! For those that do not normally "do" fish this is a great recipe to get them "hooked"
Any salmon will do however our preference is coho, sockeye or chinook. Also, a great substitute is Rainbow or Brook Trout. Pairs nicely with a mushroom risotto or roasted potatoes and asparagus.
2 table spoons butter 3 cloves garlic crushed 1/2 med onion chopped 150g fresh spinach chopped 3/4 teaspoon salt for spinach 1 teaspoon pepper for spinach 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
Goat Cheese 150g 1/4 cup parmesan cheese 2 TBS fresh dill chopped 1 sheet of puff pastry 1 salmon fillet 1/2 tsp salt & pepper (salmon) 1 egg beaten
1. Preheat over to 425*F (220*C).
2. In pan over med heat, melt butter. Add garlic & onions, cook till translucent.
3. Add spinach, salt, and pepper, cook until spinach is wilted.
4. Soften the goat cheese by placing it in microwave for 20 sec and whip.
5. Add panko, goat cheese, parmesan, dill. Stir until evenly mixed, remove from heat set aside.
6. On cutting board, smooth out puff pastry, place salmon in middle and season w/ salt & pepper.
7. Spoon the spinach mixture on top of the salmon, smoothing it out to avoid it spilling over.
8. Fold edges over the salmon and spinach then fold the ends on top. Flip the pastry over.
9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer to baking sheet.
10. Brush beaten egg on top of pastry. Score top w/ sharp knife in shallow crosshatch pattern.
11. Brush the top again with egg wash.
12. Bake for 20-25min until pastry is golden brown. Slice, serve, enjoy!